Stephen R. Davis
Steve is the Managing Partner of the firm's Virginia Beach office and the former Chair of its Commercial Real Estate section. He serves as one of the firm's primary leasing attorneys, representing both landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of retail, office, commercial and industrial leases. Steve also regularly represents both municipalities and developers in public/private partnerships. Steve works on behalf of businesses and real estate developers in land use matters and the acquisition, development, financing and sale of commercial real estate projects. Steve has extensive experience in structuring transactions and joint ventures and in negotiating and resolving disputes on behalf of developers, brokers, landlords and tenants.
Regional counsel for publicly-traded REIT in leasing, acquisition, sale and development of Class-A suburban office properties.
Represents national telecommunications company in leasing and other real estate transactions throughout Virginia.
Represents regional healthcare provider in leasing medical office building portfolio, as well as tenant representation and sales, acquisitions and development.
Represented municipality in connection with transaction incentivizing preservation and rehabilitation of historic Cavalier Hotel on the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
Represents media technology company in nationwide tenant leasing, including leasing space for data-center facilities in multiple states.
Represented major health care network in connection with the development of a medical office tower, including drafting of ground lease for the site, negotiation of a construction contract for the building and preparation of a form office lease.
Represented the owner in the revitalization, redevelopment and leasing of JANAF Shopping Center, the largest strip shopping center in Hampton Roads.
Negotiated numerous "anchor" and other major tenant retail leases, as well as retail outparcel ground leases.
Represented municipality in public/private development of mixed-use (hotel/conference center/residential/retail) project.
Lead counsel for major regional healthcare provider in the development and leasing of $200 million healthcare campus.
Negotiated a lease with the City of Philadelphia on behalf of a major local ship repair contractor relating to a portion of the former Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
Closed $36,000,000 securitized loan relating to regional power center.
Represented major local shipyard in leasing a surplus dry dock from the United States Navy, a transaction which involved resolving various business, use and financing issues within the confines of government contracting restrictions.
CASE RESULTS DEPEND UPON A VARIETY OF FACTORS UNIQUE TO EACH CASE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE OR PREDICT A SIMILAR RESULT IN ANY FUTURE CASE.
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2016
- Attorneys Named in 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2014 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Willcox Savage Attorneys Recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Eight Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2012 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2013"
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Willcox Savage Partners Recognized in "Virginia Top 100" by Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Willcox Savage Lawyers Named "Top 50" in Virginia
- Twenty Attorneys Named as 2009 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010