Stephen R. Davis
Steve is the Managing Partner of the firm's Virginia Beach office and the former Chair of its Commercial Real Estate section. He serves as one of the firm's primary leasing attorneys, representing both landlords and tenants in the drafting and negotiation of retail, office, commercial and industrial leases. Steve works on behalf of businesses and real estate developers in land use matters and the acquisition, development and sale of commercial real estate projects. He also represents both borrowers and lenders in connection with real estate financing transactions. Steve has extensive experience in structuring transactions and joint ventures and in negotiating and resolving disputes on behalf of developers, brokers, landlords and tenants.
Regional counsel for publicly-traded REIT in leasing, acquisition, sale and development of Class-A suburban office properties.
Represents national telecommunications company in leasing and other real estate transactions throughout Virginia.
Represents regional healthcare provider in leasing medical office building portfolio, as well as tenant representation and sales, acquisitions and development.
Represents media technology company in nationwide tenant leasing, including leasing space for data-center facilities in multiple states.
- Represented major health care network in connection with the development of a medical office tower, including drafting of ground lease for the site, negotiation of a construction contract for the building and preparation of a form office lease.
Represented the owner in the revitalization, redevelopment and leasing of JANAF Shopping Center, the largest strip shopping center in Hampton Roads.
Negotiated numerous "anchor" and other major tenant retail leases, as well as retail outparcel ground leases.
Represented statewide apparel retailer in its retail leasing.
Represented municipality in public/private development of mixed-use (hotel/conference center/residential/retail) project.
Lead counsel for major regional healthcare provider in the development and leasing of $200 million healthcare campus.
Represented fixed wireless broadband Internet provider in leasing of rooftop and tower sites to establish network.
Negotiated a lease with the City of Philadelphia on behalf of a major local ship repair contractor relating to a portion of the former Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
Closed $36,000,000 securitized loan relating to regional power center.
Represented major local shipyard in leasing a surplus dry dock from the United States Navy, a transaction which involved resolving various business, use and financing issues within the confines of government contracting restrictions.
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2014"
- Willcox Savage Attorneys Recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Eight Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2012 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named "Best Lawyers in America 2013"
- Attorneys Named in 2012 Virginia Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Willcox Savage Partners Recognized in "Virginia Top 100" by Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named as Virginia's "2011 Legal Elite"
- Twenty-Six Attorneys Named as 2010 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Five Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Willcox Savage Lawyers Named "Top 50" in Virginia
- Twenty Attorneys Named as 2009 Legal Elite
- Twenty-Seven Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2010
- Nineteen Attorneys Named as 2008 Legal Elite
- Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2009
- Attorneys Named in 2008 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Twenty-Four Attorneys Named as 2007 Legal Elite
- Attorneys Named Best Lawyers in America 2008
- Sixteen Attorneys Named in 2007 Virginia Super Lawyers